Thursday, August 17, 2006

spring blossoms


it was Bruce Hall's inaugural Malaysia High Table dinner today and i achieved my first milestone in my guitar career. my dean, diedre.pierce asked me to put up a short performance for the night, knowing that i played the guitar for Malam Kenduri. was initially going to play "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by DeathCabForCutie, employing a 2-guitar setup with elizabeth on vocals. then, eli fell ill, and i thought of playing the acoustic version "Tears" by X-Japan. spent the whole day worrying about my performance.... till..

3.30pm.. i caught a spark of genius, and asked eugene to get on the guitar and together we jammed on my favourite chillout 4-chord progression. we worked on it once, and bingo!, we just found a piece to play for the night.

i thought of the chord since mid last year at least, if not earlier, and i only found someone to just jam and play spontaneously that song when i came to ANU. i sat down for a while, laid down some directions for the song.. and voila! i just composed my first guitar song. thanks eugene.

it didnt have a name up till the time when we performed it during dinner. our performance was pretty impressive given that we only came up with that song TODAY! everyone seemed to have enjoyed the song, so i'm quite happy.

it's only tonight...a touch of magic once again... we found a name:
s
Spring Blossoms
very simple, very chillout

we might consider doing a song for every season. but hey, spring is still a great season and i'm looking forward to it!

No comments: